Use of Social Media right way: Fun, interactive, and brand engaging
If you are wondering how social media marketing can boost up your business, these are the essential tips to get started.
In this New-age generation, mostly every citizen of India use social media. Nowadays Social media plays a critical part in any business strategy. Social media is the best way to connect people who love your brand. It is also important to reach an audience who have not heard about your business.
Here are some of the essential tips for small business to start up their social media.
1. Finalizing the right Social Media
Social Media expanded when Facebook launched in public in the year 2012. Earlier social media platforms are mostly dedicated to connecting old classmates, friends, and relatives living in distant places. But Nowadays Social Media platforms created a way to boost your business and helps to reach out to potential audiences. But for best results, you need to select the best social media platforms based on your niche to connect your brand with your audiences. Here are some of the most popular social media platforms to reach your audience.
- Facebook: Facebook is the largest platform with more than two billion active monthly users. Facebook is one of the best social media platforms for successful businesses that want to generate quality leads and build relationships with the audiences and reach out to those audiences who are unaware of your brand.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is one of the best platforms for business networking and it is mostly used by B2B and B2C businesses to create their trust, build their authority, and engage with their audiences to generate a mutual relationship about their brand.
- Twitter: Twitter is a social media platform which is best suitable for those businesses whose platform is immediacy and it is perfect for those businesses whose audience is less than 50 and who needs to be stay apprised for time-sensitive information like breaking news, announcements, and trending topics which can help in reaching a new audience who haven’t heard about your brand.
- Pinterest: Pinterest is one of the best social media platforms for sharing photos. It is one of the best platforms for businesses with visual appeal and it is best for driving sales because so many users look to the site to plan purchases.
- Instagram: Instagram is one of the best social media platforms for sharing photos. It is one of the best platforms for businesses with visual appeal and it is best for driving sales.
Snapchat: Snapchat is a social media-based content platform. It is one of the fastest-growing social networking sites and the businesses can use businesses by offering promotions, providing personalized content, giving exclusive access, and build relationships with influencers to drive brand recognition and loyalty.
2. Setting Up a Goal
Social Media has several benefits for business. There are many benefits to accomplish social media by performing customer service, engage with the customers, generate quality leads, expanding your social media audience, drive sales, increase web traffic and gain valuable insights and feedback.
To achieve the best social media presence, you have to set up a goal in mind by creating a strategy and work according to the strategy to achieve the goal. It’s important to know what you want to accomplish to achieve the goal.
3. Create a Strategy to Achieve the goal
Setting Up a goal to improve your social media presence is great and it is just the beginning of your journey in Social Media. Once you know what you want to achieve, you have to come up with a proper strategy to help you achieve your goal.
You can start your work to achieve your goal by assigning the task to a person or an agency who will be part of the social media team, and break up their roles and responsibilities clearly so that everybody will get to know what is expected and when.
To achieve your goal, you should also decide on your posting frequency, and create a content calendar that will help you plan your posts on your social media platforms and make sure that you don’t miss those days. The content calendar is a big part of your strategy for managing your social media platforms because it should contain:
- Who is your audience
- What topics and subjects are your audiences are interested in
- The usable content that you already have
- What kind of content you still need to create or curate
- To determine the time and the platforms where the content will be published
4. Creating Content keeping your Audience in Mind
Identifying a perfect set of audience is most important to get success with social media engagement. It is the most important factor because the needs and interests of your audiences will help you to determine the type of content that you should be sharing to engage your followers.
There are some important things you should know before determining your perfect audience which includes age, location, gender, goals, likes, needs, behaviors, challenges, and pain points.
The content that you will share should always be of high quality and should be relevant. The next objective is that you should prioritize your video, images, and other types of visual content as they are popular among all demographics and all audiences.
5. Select Tools to Schedule and Automate Posts
To get a good result by staying active and present on social media takes a lot of time and dedication, but there are many automation tools available that can help you publish posts automatically and schedule posts up to a month in advance.
The automation tools available which can help you post your content automatically include Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Buffer, MeetEdgar, and BuzzSumo, which can save you time by allowing you to plan and schedule batches of posts at once. Also with the help of these tools, it will be easier to monitor your networks and respond to your messages quickly.
6. Engage your Followers Actively in your post
To engage your audiences, the quality of content is supremely important on social media. But it is not enough to just post your content and walk away. Social media is about connection and engagement, and that is the only way that you can foster the relationships that you want to build and gain the trust of your audience.
There are many ways so that you can actively engage with your audiences which includes:
- Commenting on posts
- Starting and participating in conversations
- Sharing relevant information
- Sharing user-generated content
- Posing and answering questions
- Addressing complaints and criticisms
- Showing appreciation for customers
7. Minimize Your Time for Promotion
The practice of social selling is increasing among salespeople and marketers. The actual process of using social networks is to drive growth which is much different as compared to most people. It is better not to use the social media platform as an active promotional platform, it is best to use the social media platform as a tool for engagement and communication with the audiences.
It is mostly recommended that businesses should keep their promotional content to 20%, whereas the sharing of content should be dedicated to meet the needs of your audience.
8. Maintain a Constant Social Media Presence
Social media goals cannot be achieved in a single day. It takes a lot of time and patience to gain a reliable presence on social media platforms. With the use of automation tools, you can save your lot of time that is required to manage your social media, but even then at least 15 minutes a day is required to monitor your channels to respond to your questions and conversations. In terms of posting frequency, the right number depends on the platform that you’re using.
- ForLinkedIn and Facebook platforms, it is recommended not to post more than once a day and the content posting limits to five times a week.
- For the Twitter platform, it is recommended to post as much as you can in a day as changes happen very quickly.
- For Pinterest, 11 pins a day seems to be the magic number.
9. Present Audiences with a Consistent Voice
Social Media is most suitable for brand building and recognition and it is essential for making posts that best show your brand and image. It can become problematic if you have multiple people assigned to do the same task of social media because everybody will bring their personality to their posts. So it is better to limit the number of people responsible for posting and make sure everybody is on the same page in terms of the voice and image of your brand that you want to present.
10. Analyze the Right metrics to monitor your progress
Social media use is growing from time to time with the increase in the number of active users day by day especially on top social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Snapchat. It is not necessary to have your social media account on every platform but it is very important to make a better strategy to define your goals, locate your audience, and pick the perfect social media platforms based on those factors.
Social media relationship building provides you with a lot of benefits to confer on your business, but it is rather important to put your time cultivating your presence which will help you fulfilling your goal.
Social media goals will help you determine the perfect metrics that matter to you the most, and it is important to measure to ensure that you are on the right track with your strategy. If you are interested in increasing traffic to your site, then you have to pay attention to the amount of referral traffic that is coming from your social networks.